Helical coil heat exchanger design (HCHex) software demonstrates the thermal design calculations for helical coil heat exchanges. This is done by going through a series of calculations to produce the final outcome that includes the exchanger area, length, number of spiral windings for tube along with any missing flow rates temperatures…etc. The software will also calculate the heat transfer coefficients. HCHex will generate a summary of all results.
Below are some features for this software along with any limitations.
- Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement.
- Units converter includes 23 measurements units with 200-unit conversion
- Nusselt number estimation
Helical coil heat exchanger design software includes Nusselt number correlations and will also allow you to use your own correlations in three formats.
- The software will also allow you to enter your own Nusselt number or enter a heat transfer coefficient if needed.
- Area and heat load (heat duty) calculations
- The software will also accept heat load as input and calculate the other needed variables.
- Vessel dimensions and length
- Number of spiral turns for the helical tube and its length.
- Add your own Nusselt correlation
- Save/Load results
- Ability to calculate unknown Cold or Hot side temperatures. Unknown exit temperatures on both sides or any two temperatures on both sides
- Unknown Flow rate on either hot or cold side
- Pressure Drops for both shell and tube sides (frictional, inlet, outlet and total)
- Overall heat transfer coefficients, heat transfer coefficients for shell and tube sides.
- Plot temperature profile for counter current flow and co-current flow. detect temperature cross.
- Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel Engineering Datasheet format. Save/Load results. Generate/Print a summary of results
- Display multiple cases in results grid
- Export Results summary to .rtf file format that can be opened in Microsoft Word
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 fluids; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
+ Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- User database functions to allow user to add/delete fluids, Tube geometric sizes and heat transfer coefficients and load to hot/cold side (Empty database!).
- Fouling factors
- Add your own Nusselt number correlations, three formats are available.
Other Option for physical properties (Sold Separately)
- Integrate the software with PhysPro Fluid Properties
- Single phase fluid operations.
- Single tube units, multi tubes are not supported.
A video demonstration is currently being developed and will be published soon
The demo version of this software will only work with the defined examples in the main screen. Input text boxes are locked.
Click to download Helical coil heat exchanger design
Demo Video Clips
To watch the video clips on this website please click here
to watch on YouTube
Features and interface Video Click here
Example video Click here
Below is a screen shot of the main software screen, for more screen shots please visit the screen shots page
Helical coil heat exchanger software (HCHex) needs the following to operate:
1. Microsoft Windows operating system
2. 64 MB RAM
3. 30 MB free disk space
4. Microsoft Dot Net 4.6 Framework
32 bit & 64 bit operating systems.