Double pipe heat exchanger sizing software (DHex) is a tool that is made to demonstrate the chemical design calculations of Double Pipe (hairpin) Heat Exchangers.
• Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement.
• Units converter includes 23 measurements units with 200-unit conversion
• Ability to import properties to Hot/Cold sides from Microsoft Excel.
• Add your own Nusselt correlation
• Save/Load results
• Ability to calculate unknown Cold or Hot side temperatures. Unknown exit temperatures on both sides or any two temperatures on both sides
• Unknown Flow rate on either hot or cold side
• Perform thermal analysis for bare tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
• Perform thermal analysis for finned tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
• Choose from Counter Current or Co-Current Flow arrangement
• Choose from Series arrangement or Series-Parallel arrangement.
• The software will also tell you the location of Hot/Cold fluids within the heat exchanger (Inner Pipe or Outer Pipe).
• Select from different correlations to calculate Cold/Hot side heat transfer coefficient. Also, the ability to adjust Nusselt number if you do have a different correlation.
• Calculate the Area, Flow area, Length, Log Mean Temperature Difference, Number of Hairpins, Unknown Flow rate.
• Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor), Equivalent Diameter.
• Calculate Inner Pipe/Outer Pipe (Annulus) side Reynolds, Nusselt numbers & Prandtl Numbers.
• Duty Calculation, Clean and Design Overall heat transfer coefficient calculations
• The ability to define the Duty also the ability to define the heat transfer coefficient on either side.
• Inner Pipe/Outer Pipe (Annulus) velocities and Mass velocity calculations
• Number of Transfer Units and Thermal Capacity ratio calculation.
• Clean and Fouled Fin Efficiency calculations for finned tube heat exchanger.
• Pressure drop calculations & Entrance and Exit losses.
• Pumping power calculation.
• Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 fluids; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
• Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
• User database functions to allow user to add/delete fluids, pipe sizes and heat transfer coefficients and load to hot/cold side (Empty database!).
• Fouling factors
• Plot temperature profile for hot and cold sides to identify any temperature cross
• Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel Engineering Datasheet format. Save/Load results. Generate/Print a summary of results
• Display multiple cases in results grid
• Export Results summary to .rtf file format that can be opened in Microsoft Word
+ Single phase fluid operations with exception to steam which is supported.
+ Single tube units, multi tubes are not supported.
The demo version will function with limitations for 90 days with predefined selected examples.
Please note: The demo version doesn’t necessary contain all recently added features. To check the latest update history of this software please click here
DHex needs the following computer configuration to run:
1. Microsoft Windows operating system
2. 64MB RAM
3. 30MB free disk space
4. Microsoft Dot Net 4.6 Framework
Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
32 bit & 64 bit operating systems.