Decanters are used in industry to separate liquid-liquid mixtures. They are used when there is a sufficient difference in density between liquids for the droplets to settle. If you are looking for a a Decanter design software; check out Decanter sizing calculator (DSC). This software is built to size horizontal and vertical decanters. The software has the ability to do multiple cases as well as accepting the input in different units of measurement. The output can also be customised to show the results in different units. Results can be exported or printed as per user preference
Decanter design software main features
- Perform sizing calculations for horizontal and vertical decanters
- Flexible calculation settings to allow user to adjust the design assumptions
- Save and load case files
- List all calculation assumptions used.
- Different input and output units for calculations
- The software will also determine dispersed phase and continuous phase from user input.
- Various calculations are produced, For vertical vessels; vessel diameter, vessel height, feed interface height, light liquid height, heavy liquid height, feed inlet diameter, dispersion band length, residence time of droplets in dispersion band, velocity and settling velocity for dispersed phase, volumetric flow rates, interface area, entrained droplet diameter
- For horizontal vessels; vessel diameter, vessel length, feed interface height, light liquid height, heavy liquid height, feed inlet diameter, dispersion band height, residence time of droplets in dispersion band, velocity and settling velocity for dispersed phase, volumetric flow rates, interface area, interface width, entrained droplet diameter, turbulence level checks for dispersed and continuous phases.
- Print, export, copy produced results summary
Download decanter design software
The demo version of this decanter sizing software is available by clicking here
Demo version is normally limited to the example provided within, the demo will operate for 90 days, to check the latest features of the full version please follow our version history page here.
Video demonstration which includes two examples for horizontal and vertical vessels is available on our YouTube Channel or on this website
Below is the main screen, for more screen shots please follow the links in the screenshot page
Decanter sizing calculator requires the following to operate;
Windows Operating System, Compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Client Profile, 20 MB Space