Condenser design CnD is a software that is made to demonstrate thermal analysis and design calculations required for designing shell and tube condensers. This software can design, horizontal shell side condensers, horizontal tube side condensers, vertical shell side condensers, vertical tube side condensers and reflux condensers. This software application is intended for use by professional and academics in the engineering industry. Some basic understanding in thermodynamics, fluid flow and shell & tube heat exchangers is required before attempting to use this tool.
1. Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement, Also includes a units converter containing 23 measurements units with 200 unit conversion
2. Import physical properties data to hot side and cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database (included!)
3. Save/Load results
4. Export Results to Engineering Data sheet in Microsoft Excel for editing, the software can also generate the data sheet if Ms Excel isn’t installed
5. Export Results summary to Microsoft Word or Print Results summary.
6. Supports Horizontal shell side/Horizontal tube side/Vertical shell side/Vertical tube side and Reflux condensers design.
7. Supports Full condensation and Partial condensation (Subject to condensation model selection please see the table provided below for full information).
8. Support Sub cooling, Super heated vapor, Zone analysis, Shear Controlled and Gravity Controlled condensation (Subject to condensation model selection please see the table provided below for full information).
9. Basis and assumptions that the software makes during the calculations are stated on a visible panel.
10. Support single phase vapor condensation on hot side and liquid coolant on cold side, bare tubes only
11. TEMA designations.
12. Ability to calculate unknown Cold side temperature, Unknown Hot or cold side flow rate.
13. Triangular and square pitch tube orientation
14. Detailed calculation than displays many calculated variables such as: Duty, Area, Number of tubes, Shell/Tube velocities, flooding velocity and operating velocity for reflux condenser, Reynolds numbers, Condensation heat transfer coefficient, Condensation flow regime, Number of Baffles and Baffle spacing, Scale resistance (dirt factor), Overall heat transfer coefficient for both Clean and Fouled conditions, Pressure drops…etc. and many more
15. Ability to track calculation changes from trial to another.
16. Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as separate software but easily integrated with the software.
17. Ability to add your own properties in the additional user databases.
18. Tube counts and standard tube sizes tables
19. Fouling factors
20. Overall heat transfer coefficients
21. Material Thermal Conductivities.
22. Maximum Allowable design velocities inside tubes for liquids
23. Ability to add your own components to use for simulations.
|Feature||Horizontal Shell Side Condenser||Horizontal Tube Side Condenser||Vertical Shell Side Condenser||Vertical Tube Side Condenser||Reflux Condenser|
|Sub cooling||Yes, with Full condensation only||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Super heated vapor||Yes, with Full condensation only||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shear Controlled Condensation||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
|Gravity Controlled Condensation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Zone Analysis||Yes, with Partial condensation only||No||No||Yes, with Partial condensation only||No|
|TEMA Shell Supported||E,J,X||E||E||E||E|
|TEMA Front Head Supported||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N|
|TEMA Rear Head Supported||S,U,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,U,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W|
More screen shots are available by following the links on the screen shots page
Video demonstration clip is also available – please click here
The Demo version of this software will work for 30 days with limitations.
To check the latest update history of this software please click here
To purchase the full version please visit the BUY NOW page
CnD needs the following system requirements to run:
1. Microsoft Windows operating system
2. 64 MB RAM
3. 30 MB free disk space
4. Dot Net 4.0 Framework (Most new computers have these system files, you can download them and install them from Microsoft website for FREE, or run windows update.)
The software will run on Windows 7, Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 8.1, Windows 10