The software is user friendly and can be used to make preliminary sizing calculations that will help to give a clear outlook of the initial design.
- Ability to use to different units of measurement, SI units and English (US) units
- Calculation of Duty, Area, Tube length.
- Calculation of number of tubes
- Calculation of Shell Diameter by iteration
- Calculation of Weir height
- Calculation of Nucleate pool boiling heat transfer coefficient using two different correlations
- Calculation of tube side heat transfer coefficient using two different correlations
- Calculation of Velocities on the tube and shell side
- Calculation of Maximum allowable vapour velocity on the shell side
- Calculation of the Maximum critical flux using three different correlations
- Calculation of Shell side Heat Flux
- Calculation of Number of Vapour nozzles
- Calculation of Prandtl number on shell and tube sides and Reynolds number for the tube side
- Calculation of Clean/Fouled Overall Heat transfer coefficients
- Calculation of Tube side pressure drop
- The ability to calculate unknown mass flow rate
- Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor)
- Ability to import properties to Shell/Tube sides form Microsoft Excel
- Compare upto 5 different cases in one window
- Save/Load results.
- Generate/Print Results summary and export it to Ms Word and paste it to whichever suitable
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
- Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- Ability to add your own properties in the additional user databases.
- Fouling factors, Overall heat transfer coefficients and film heat transfer coefficients included.
The demo version will function with limitations for 30 days
Click to Download Kettle Reboiler Design
To purchase this software please visit our “BUY Now” page
To see screen shot for this software please visit the screen shots page for links
To see a video demonstration clip please click here
KRD needs the following computer configuration to run:
Microsoft Windows operating system; 64 MB RAM Minimum; 30 MB free disk space; Tested Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 , Windows 8.1 & Windows 10