The software is user friendly and can be used to make preliminary sizing calculations that will help to give a clear outlook of the initial design.
- Ability to use to different units of measurement, SI units and English (US) units
- Unit Converter includes 23 measurements units with 200-unit conversion
- Calculation of Duty, Area, Tube length.
- Calculation of number of tubes
- Calculation of Shell Diameter by iteration
- Calculation of Weir height
- Calculation of Nucleate pool boiling heat transfer coefficient using four different correlations, an option to enter the value is also available.
- Calculation of tube side heat transfer coefficient using two different correlations, an option to enter the value is also available.
- Calculation of Velocities on the tube and shell side
- Calculation of Maximum allowable vapour velocity on the shell side
- Calculation of the Maximum critical flux using three different correlations
- Calculation of Shell side Heat Flux
- Calculation of Number of Vapour nozzles
- Calculation of Prandtl number on shell and tube sides and Reynolds number for the tube side
- Calculation of Required/Clean/Fouled Overall Heat transfer coefficients
- Calculation of over surface and over design.
- Calculation of Tube side pressure drop
- The ability to calculate unknown mass flow rate
- Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor)
- Advisory design notice
- Ability to import properties to Shell/Tube sides form Microsoft Excel
- Compare unlimited different cases in one window
- Save/Load results. Set default units of measurements.
- Generate/Print Results summary and export it to Ms Word and paste it to whichever suitable
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
- Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- Ability to add your own properties in the additional user databases.
- Fouling factors, Overall heat transfer coefficients and film heat transfer coefficients included.
- A second database available at a discount during purchase of this software. Check out PhysPro Fluid Properties
The demo version will function with only 5 examples provided in the demo
Click to Download Kettle Reboiler Design
To check the latest update history of this software please click here
To purchase this software please visit our “BUY Now” page
To see screen shot for this software please visit the screen shots page for links
To see a video demonstration clip please click here
To see the video on YouTube click here
KRD needs the following computer configuration to run:
Target operating system: Windows 10
The software will also work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1
Microsoft.NET framework 4.0 client profile