Double pipe heat exchanger sizing software (DHex) is a tool that is made to demonstrate the chemical design calculations of Double Pipe (hairpin) Heat Exchangers.
- Ability to calculate unknown Cold or Hot side temperatures.
- Perform thermal analysis for bare tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
- Perform thermal analysis for finned tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
- Choose from Counter Current or Co-Current Flow arrangement
- Choose from Series arrangement or Series-Parallel arrangement.
- The software will also tell you the location of Hot/Cold fluids within the heat exchanger (Inner Pipe or Outer Pipe).
- Select from different correlations to calculate Cold/Hot side heat transfer coefficient. Also the ability to adjust Nusselt number if you do have a different correlation.
- Calculate the Area, Flow area, Length, Log Mean Temperature Difference, Number of Hairpins, Unknown Flow rate.
- Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor), Equivalent Diameter.
- Calculate Pipe/Annulus side Reynolds, Nusselt numbers & Prandtl Numbers.
- Duty Calculation, Clean and Design Overall heat transfer coefficient calculations
- Pipe/Annulus velocities and Mass velocity calculations
- Number of Transfer Units and Thermal Capacity ratio calculation.
- Clean and Fouled Fin Efficiency calculations for finned tube heat exchanger.
- Pressure drop calculations & Entrance and Exit losses.
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
- Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- User database functions to allow user to add/delete components and load to hot/cold side (Empty database!).
- Fouling factors
- Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel Save/Load results. Generate/Print a summary of results
- Export Results summary to Engineering Datasheet in Microsoft Excel
The demo version will function with limitations for 30 days
Click to Download Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Design