DHex is a software tool that is made to demonstrate the chemical design calculations of Double Pipe (hairpin) Heat Exchangers.
The software will do all the thermal calculations involved in the design and will generate a summary of all results.
Below is a list of some functions:
· Step by step calculation
· Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement.
· Ability to import properties to Hot/Cold sides from Microsoft Excel.
· Save/Load results
· Ability to calculate unknown Cold or Hot side temperatures.
· Perform thermal analysis for bare tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
· Perform thermal analysis for finned tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
· Choose from Counter Current or Co-Current Flow arrangement
· Choose from Series arrangement or Series-Parallel arrangement.
· The software will also tell you the location of Hot/Cold fluids within the heat exchanger (Inner Pipe or Outer Pipe).
· Select from different correlations to calculate Cold/Hot side heat transfer coefficient. Also the ability to adjust Nusselt number if you do have a different correlation.
· Calculate the Area, Flow area, Length, Log Mean Temperature Difference, Number of Hairpins, Unknown Flow rate.
· Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor), Equivalent Diameter.
· Calculate Pipe/Annulus side Reynolds, Nusselt numbers & Prandtl Numbers.
· Duty Calculation, Clean and Design Overall heat transfer coefficient calculations
· Pipe/Annulus velocities and Mass velocity calculations
· Number of Transfer Units and Thermal Capacity ratio calculation.
· Clean and Fouled Fin Efficiency calculations for finned tube heat exchanger.
· Pressure drop calculations & Entrance and Exit losses.
· Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
· Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
· User database functions to allow user to add/delete components and load to hot/cold side (Empty database!).
· Fouling factors
· Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel Save/Load results. Generate/Print a summary of results
· Export Results summary to Engineering Datasheet in Microsoft Excel
The demo version will function with limitations for 30 days